Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My brother's in sweden, freezing probably. I didn't think I'd miss him so much until a minute before he said bye and I felt like squeezing him so tight but I didn't so I started tearing.



lyrics here

This song has been put on repeat since monday night cause it's so sad with the piano accompaniment and nino strumming away on the guitar with a troubled expression and him pouring all his emotions into the song. Or maybe because he cried in one of the performances. Shibata Jun has a nicer voice (beautiful, actually) but she wasn't into the mood that much so I prefer this version although she wrote the song. & I must credit her for writing such a nice song.


One thing I like about songs in another language is that you can pay more attention to the music and the mood, especially when it's written to express the most heartfelt emotions. When it comes to lighter music, the mood feels much lighter too.

I wish I could write in another language so whatever I say wouldn't be made so obvious and not too much attention would be paid on the lyrics. It'd be great if people had to use extra effort to figure out the meaning when it's something special and private.

To me, yume's like a perfect piece with the best of both worlds.



Beach house - Zebra


Oren Lavie - Her morning Elegance

(I like the video though I'm sure some may have seen it. I first listened to it when my friend put it on her blog anyway)

Lyrics you can directly understand relate to always have a special place in your heart of course, it wouldn't be nice listening to japanese and instrumentals all the time. But honestly, I look for the mood first and then the lyrics, and that's when I find my favourite song cause the lyrics are there too.

--

I totally deleted the part I wrote about nino lol

No comments: